Friday, 22 February 2013

Fauna Friday: tracks


I'm not pretending it's snowing. It's been weeks since we had any, but during that spell I was very excited when I went into the hay shed and found those cute footprints all over everything. There are open areas between the walls and the floor, which help to keep the shed well ventilated but they also let weather in - and creatures.
'Hedgehogs??!!' I thought, and hurried to Google Images to see what hedgehogs' footprints looked like. They matched the description exactly. Then I searched for rats' prints and they were exactly the same. So I don't know which these are. Could be either, but rats are more likely because there are plenty of their droppings in there too.
Anyway I thought they were very sweet - just like little tiny stars.

Update on hubby. Really not good this time. His disease is progressing fast and he is in pain a lot, very uncomfortable and distressed. Although there are treatment options this is the disease in its final stages. Hubby is considering turning down treatment as in most cases it will make him feel even more ill. He is inn hospital right now but when he is stabilised we want him to come home then it will be a case of just keeping him comfortable and pain free and just sitting it out.
I am in a production of The Sorcerer at the moment, with no understudy, so every night I go in and switch on my smile and start singing silly songs, dancing and fooling about. I have no understudy and didn't mention hubby's health to anyone when they were casting, in case they thought I couldn't commit. I feel enormously guilty and feel as if everyone is 'tut tutting' behind my back but the GP and practice nurse tell me I should definitely continue as it's good for me. Hubby would be genuinely upset if I gave it up too. I just have to check my phone between scenes and be ready to dash away at any moment.
I'll let you know what transpires with hubby, but we all know where this is going and how it will end.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Foody. Oh I am thinking of you, all your friends on here are.
    Never mind if some of the cast are tutting, it is giving you something to hopefully take your mind off it all for an hour or two.
    Sending good wishes to you. X.

    ReplyDelete