This colourful little fellow was spotted just downhill from Col de Vergio in northern Corsica the other week. As you see from his sheen, it was wet. My friend Mary and I did have our fair share of rain and mist on our 11 day trek on the Mare a Mare Nord, a long distance coast to coast path between Moriani Plage and Cargese.
11 days and sometimes from the start of one day to the end of the next we barely saw even a village and often not another soul.
Sounds like quite and adventure. You'll have to post about it. It sounds quite challenging
ReplyDeleteHeavens, where did you sleep? Did you have to carry food with you ? and camp out ? What an epic adventure !
ReplyDeletePS. love your colourful little Salamander
Helsie: Yes, I will write about it. Can't think why I haven't yet. We slept in gites d'etape and if we were in towns, sometimes hotels ( luxury!). One gite in particular was really basic. I did the loo in the garden rather than use the stinking outbuilding. where the holes in the ground were. We carried some food but most gites provided meals. It was very arduous and we had to carry our packs all the time as well. I'd better save any more for when I do a proper post about it all.
ReplyDelete