Friday, 27 June 2014
Fauna Friday: View from my window
I've been away for a few days, staying with friends who have about 30 Exmoor ponies. My bedroom looked out on two mares and their foals.
I thought that I would be able to sit in my bedroom and blog after we had all gone to bed but these people turned off their router at night, and the router was in their bedroom, so I hardly went online at all.
Now to Corsica. We decided to walk the Mare a Mare Nord from east to west, ie from Moriani Plage to Cargese. Moriani was very small and not very attractive. The views inland to the mountains were not visible because of low rain cloud. The only area you could see was a fairly narrow coastal strip.
Here is a typical bit of wet path. They just ran like rivers that day.
Day 1 was a wet and foggy one, and so was most of day 2. Lucky I had bought those plastic ponchos.
It does get better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha Ha ! Love the plastic ponchos. I walked around Rome in one !
ReplyDeleteLove the view out onto the horses, such pretty countryside but I don't know about your walk in the rain. Looks pretty hard going.
It was hard going alright. Steep, slippery ups and steep, slippery downs, up and down all day long. The views when we got them were rewarding and it was fun. The food was fantastic. There'll be more to come.
ReplyDeleteAnd here I am in lovely dry Bucks hoping to get a glimps of the one and only Foody and - I'm sure that's not you in your pink poncho?
ReplyDeleteHowever, I'm glad the food was good. Makes me feel better already. (Hope there was not too much garlic?)
Wonder what gave you that idea, Bernard? The smiley face or the chunky little legs?
ReplyDeleteBernard: I don't remember there being lots of garlic, but then I love the stuff so wouldn't have noticed.
ReplyDelete