Poor Quasar. It was a bit unfair to photograph her having her teeth filed but it was such an interesting happening that I wanted to document it.
The vet is standing on the left. He had to be there to sedate her, or she just would not have tolerated having her head put in a brace and her mouth clamped open. One tooth was growing into her tongue and others were growing out into her gums so no wonder it was painful for her to chew. The dentist took out a loose one and here it is. I sellotaped it down so it would stay in place for the photo.
She has quite a few loose teeth which are bound to work more loose or need to be removed at some point. I'm supposed to book the dentist again in a year.
Poor sleepy girl is still up there in her stable. She should be OK to go out in two or three hours.
The vet thought she was very good for her age, but he kept emphasising the words 'for her age'. Although I have managed to put weight on her, she's still a bit under weight, so I will keep her on the same big rations. I feel very optimistic about the rest of the winter, then when spring comes, well it will all be easier as it always is, and we can take a big sigh of relief.
I haven't mentioned it lately, but I'm still doing the riding course and enjoying it. We did jumping last week!
Thanks for posting that up. I must admit that I did wonder how it was done? I'm glad it went alright. ;-)
ReplyDelete.
"We did jumping last week!"
Would that be - jumping on, or - jumping orf? LOL
Bernard: I forgot to mention that a big clamp thing gets fastened on the head and it holds the jaw open.
ReplyDeleteAbout the jumping: Haw haw!
Don't worry, I subjected major to pics of dental work too and blogged the event, of course!
ReplyDeletejc: Oh good. Well it's just such an interesting event.
ReplyDelete