I had roast duck on Hogmanay and here is some of what I did with the leftovers. Left, duck and stuffing pie. Top, duck vindaloo. Right, duck vindaloo pastie!
I have boiled the carcass and made soup stock and frozen some other decent bits too for future meals. I hate food waste and rarely ever throw food in the bin.
I've never cooked duck and seldom eaten it either. I do like confit leg very much though. Great that you can use it in so many ways. You'll be glad of those nice bits in the freezer one day.
ReplyDeleteWe are the same Foody, very rare for us to throw food away. You are well stocked then in the freezer. I like to have a few meals ready in the freezer for days when I am busy so can just take a meal out with no preparation.
ReplyDeleteHelsie and Ann: Sorry not to come back until today. Roast duck to be recommended, Helsie! Still one portion of pie and one portion of broth left in the freezer.
ReplyDelete