Thursday, 24 December 2015

Merry Christmas One And All!


Dear Friends,
I am so, so sorry not to have blogged all year (I think). That isn't to say I haven't thought about it and thought of all my Blogland friends.

Things are fine. I haven't been ill and haven't crashed or anything. I just didn't want to blog.

To cut a long year short, I have been busy. In January I invigilated at University exams, in February I can't remember what I did, in March I took part in Ruddigore, a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta. In April I started a veg garden in a raised bed and grew potatoes, peas, spinach and about one courgette. In May I invigilated again, bought another field for the ponies and spent a few days in Wells, Somerset, with my late husband's auntie. June I went on a great holiday - riding in Iceland on Icelandic ponies. Then I had another week travelling in Iceland on buses, walking in national parks and staying in hostels. I had a couple of days in Reykjavik too. July brought an anxious time because I returned from Iceland and found my 31 year old mare very under the weather. She got better and is fighting fit now.

At some point in the summer I had the stable re-roofed by the most hunky workman you ever saw! I also made a new slate path in the garden and planted a lavender hedge having first dug in sand and gravel to drain the soil and raked in lime to make it more alkaline.

In August I went walking on Exmoor, September again I walked, taking part in the Elan Valley walking festival and the Kington (Herefordshire) walking festival. The builders came in September to start my damp proofing, which they finished in October. I went to Wells again in October, What did I do in November? Cleaned up after builders I think, and had a new loo fitted. I visited Blackpool too and wasn't hugely impressed. Oh, and I made a twig Christmas tree out of beach driftwood (pictured above). December brings me to Devon for Christmas at my sis-in-law's, after having 3 solo singing slots at various Christmas concerts. Oh yes and the painter came to redecorate following the builders and plumber.

I don't let the grass grow.

Now I am having a piece of shortbread and a cup of tea and am about to post this and look at a few other blogs.

The two ponies and the cat are both fine.

Lots of love and good wishes from Foody..

No comments:

Post a Comment