Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Rug Patient



I am pretty cheesed off. I hired this carpet cleaner last night, having planned for weeks when I would be passing that shop, free the next day and passing again that night, because you pay for 24 hours hire. At last the time came when those circumstances all coincided so I collected it last night - and paid. You have to pay extra for the cleaning fluid. Hmph.

I put it in the car boot and went off to a rehearsal, so it was dark when I got back. I didn't see the fluid floating in the car boot but I felt it when I lifted the thing out and it all ran down my trousers and all over my shoes. Somebody obviously hadn't checked it was empty.
I read the instructions this morning,, filled it with cleaning fluid and water, read how to use the hand tool and could not work it out. Decided the use it upright anyway even though it would just make the rugs move about. Went to plug it in and it wouldn't plug in because one of the 3 pins is bent. I've had a long conversation with the person in the shop but all he will do is let me have it for free then next time I have a free day with two journeys to that shop in between. He wasn't prepared to have anybody bring a replacement to me today and I'm not wasting the time and petrol going down there because I have loads of other things I want to do. Not happy. Rug 'Doctor' indeed.

Everything I touch some days just goes wrong. I go to do some banking online and for some stupid reason, when asked for my password I put in my 'memorable information' and try it three times, then of course you get locked out and have to wait weeks to be put on again. So in the meantime you go to the branch and ask if you can sign up for telephone banking, so that when you are stupid on the internet you can maybe sort it out on the phone. They give you some pieces of paper for you to keep, to remember your telephone password and memorable information, but while you are waiting for your telephone 'pack' in the post, you lose these pieces of paper and forget the words you chose. So you have to start that all over again and then, months later, when it's all set up again you've forgotten what transaction you were trying to do in the first place.

This all seems to be the story of my life these days. I seem to spend quite a lot of time complaining about things too, such as sandwiches with barely any filling in them or time taken to answer questions, which can turn into complaints about complaints. Oh dear. It's all quite trivial really but these things can really get one down when it's one thing after another.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been having one of those times when nothing goes right. VERY annoying and I would be spitting mad about the carpet cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helsie: Yes and I have been having these kinds of things going on for months. But wait until you see today's post with more on the Rug Doctor. Ohhhh.....

    ReplyDelete