Friday, 13 September 2013
Fauna Friday: Venus (or Nessie) the Exmoor Pony
This is Venus, aged 10 or 12. I could only get a photo of her in her trailer because otherwise I was busy tacking her up, untacking or riding. There was a man in a green jacket taking pictures of everyone and although I have searched the Exmoor Pony Society's website and that of the Exmoor Pony Centre, I am not in any of them. Someone said the man in the green jacket would have all the photos but nobody can tell me the name of the man in the green jacket. If I ever track these photos down I will put one up. I do remember him pointing the camera at Venus and me more than once.
She gets called Nessie when she's being naughty. By 'naughty', all she did was put her head down quite often to eat, or when I was getting on and off. That I can cope with as it's a lot less naughty than what my two do. She was quite fat and unfit as she hadn't been ridden for two years. Although that made her quite frisky at the start and apt to jump logs and ditches without warning, by the end of the ride she was so worn out she couldn't be bothered.
Sweet, isn't she?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment