Friday, 12 September 2014

Fauna Friday: Castro




It's never such a good idea to try to photograph an animal just before you feed it. Castro was pacing round and round miaowing so this was the best I could get. He was stretching his back legs, as they do.

Castro's owners are away this week so I'm looking after him. What a grand name for a cat. Do you know how he came by it? His owners just called him 'the cat' for months after they first got him. Then came the time for him to have The Operation. So the vet said to them 'What's his name?' They looked at each other. They still hadn't thought of one! So one said to the other 'Well, he's come for castration, so what about Castro?' Actually they had just come back from their honeymoon in Cuba as well, so they now say that he was named after Fidel Castro, but I know the real story and now so do you!




3 comments:

  1. Oh bless him, Castro lol. Hopefully he thinks he is named from the honeymoon and not his op! Bless.......different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heron was siting in the river Friday night Foody as we rode by on our bikes, I think he fancied a fish supper for his tea by the way he was looking down into the water!

    ReplyDelete