This is Squirrel, the pony I rode this week, and who is more forward going than Herbie. I felt Squirrel was more my kind of pony - very responsive, so you don't have to work too hard to get him to do things. He's also a bit smaller at 13.2, so definitely more the right size. He's as good as a non-Exmoor can get, really.
In mid October I'm going to change from weekly lessons to a weekly course which will consist of one hour riding and one hour stable management. For each two hour session I will pay less than I pay at the moment for a half hour lesson so it's a no-brainer and I'm looking forward to it very much. There will be other pony and horsey people there too. If I want to take an exam at the end I can qualify as a BHS I or whatever she said it was. However I feel I've had my fill of exams and qualifying* so I might just do the course for the fun of it, without the exam.
* I may not have mentioned but after hubby died I took a correspondence course in editorial skills and I qualified in proofreading and copy-editing. I have not got myself motivated to go out and find any work yet, however! I hate work, as you know.
Me too.... hate work that is !! Life is too short to waste too much time working , we want to have FUN !!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Glad to see you have an exciting goal to aim for. Not sure I could ever do a full day in the saddle, certainly not on Major anyway - he's much too wide! I'd need a skinny Thoroughbred!
ReplyDeleteHelsie: Yeah! Amen to that.
ReplyDeletejc: Major is wide so he can fit in his big loving heart. Bless him!