Friday, 19 December 2014
Fauna Friday: Ginger reindeer
I've had my biscuit cutters out again, this time for the church Christmas stall last Sunday. Here are my stem ginger reindeer.
Here are some chocolate Christmas trees.
Above is my entire contribution: reindeer, trees, mincemeat, Christmas puddings, cheese shortbread stars with rosemary and black pepper, stars with cayenne pepper and chilli flakes, plain cheese stars, sweet shortbread fingers and petticoat tails.
It has been a very fauna orientated week. Ponies, to be precise. I have had to split them up for the winter because it is impossible to keep them together on two different diets. They can still see each other. Skylark has made a lot of noise but Quasar has not given him so much as a chortle. Her head is permanently down, picking what grazing she can in between buckets of soaked grass pellets, sugar beet and chaff. I would like her to gain weight but in winter that is difficult. The ponies are always on my mind at the moment. I'm quite worried about how this will work out long term. Now two fields are getting churned into mud instead of one.
I got advice on the price of the extra field, made my offer and the owners are thinking about it. I think it will be a 'No' because my purchase would cut off their sheep's water supply. I am prepared to grant rights for them to access it but I suspect they will think my proposal all too complicated. I asked them to let me know by Christmas but I'm not holding my breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those cheese shortbread stars look really, really, really tasty.
ReplyDeleteIn fact I can taste them from here! ;-)
Bernard: Oh, really?! I wish I had that ability to 'teletaste'.
ReplyDelete