Friday, 28 June 2013
Fauna Friday: Limousin Cow in the City
During the couple of days I was in Rennes, one of the main city squares was given over to a 'Farm in the City' exhibition. They had live animals and talks on keeping sheep, milking Holsteins etc. If you can see past the bright shaft of sunlight you will see that this contented Limooooousin cow has a little sleeping calf by her side.
My own fauna: I had the farrier today. I am ashamed to say it was the first time in months because I took my eye off the ball with all that happened early in the year, but anyway their feet were not much the worse for all that time of neglect. There was a sad story. The farrier works with two apprentices. He often sits in the van while the two young lads do the work. Anyway, one of the apprentices was new so I asked if the former one had qualified and got a job. No, the sad tale was that he had just passed an important stage of his course and his driving test at roughly the same time, and off he went out in his little car and was killed in a road accident. I don't think he was even 20. I have to say I always suspect that being a young 'un he was speeding and with no experience of handling a car he was probably the cause of it, but it's still sad.
Other fauna: Ludo the cat is tip top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment