Friday, 21 June 2013
Fauna Friday: Slow Worm
As you know I've been to Normandy to stay with my sister-in-law and her hubby at their house where they spend their summers. We were out on a walk and saw this slow worm on the tarmac. My s-i-l rescued it and put it in the verge but she found the end of its tail still in her had. She was quite distressed that she had injured it but I said I was sure that the shedding of tails was frequent and a mechanism for escaping from predators. The tails do grow again, but a little shorter each time.
I WILL be back to more regular blogging. I am just having more trouble from that bl---y woman and I have had a lot of journeys out and about lately. The former means my spirits are too low for blogging and the latter means I am away from the computer.
It's hubby's memorial concert tonight. Could be quite emotional but if I do cry I won't be the only one, I'm sure. Very big crowd expected. he was very much loved and respected locally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A memorial concert, what an honour! Please tell us all about it when you can. It is so nice that he is remembered so fondly by so many.
ReplyDeleteGlad you've had a break in France. I hope you enjoyed it and the weather was good for you.
Shame you've come home to more unpleasantness from this #%* woman. Don't you have any backup from the rest of your family? They need to step up and give you some support.
Hi Helsie: It was a fantastic concert and it was obvious he was very much loved and missed.
ReplyDeleteFamily? All a dead loss. None want to get involved.
Will talk about France soon.