Friday, 7 June 2013
Fauna Friday: My new 'job'
When I was on that 25 mile walk a few weeks ago, I met there the proprietor of a local riding centre, so I asked her if she had any work going. She didn't, but she welcomes volunteers. So I went down there yesterday and spent an afternoon mucking out, walking alongside a little child having a lead-rein hack, tacking up, grooming, untacking, sweeping etc etc. It might, just might, lead to some paid work eventually but the trouble is that if I get alternative paid work in the meantime I'll be off doing that, so it might not happen for me at the stables. Still, it's fun. This is one of my new friends, Robin. Here's another, Paddy ( a mare).
My favourite job of the day was with Paddy. She has a skin infection on her back and I had the job of bathing it. She was very good.
Yes, unfortunately I do need to make some money so can't do absolutely everything I want all day and every day, but largely my life is much more free. I spent two weeks in May invigilating at exams at a local education institution but that has come to an end. I'll try to find some other paid work when I get back from France. Yes, France.
But before that, let me just say Quasar and Skylark are fine. Quasar hasn't come out of the winter yet as well as she usually does but let's see what this present sun and heat does for her. I am still riding her and we had a nice ride out on Sunday and saw some donkeys.
Next week I will be in Normandy, staying with my sis-in-law who lives there for half the year. No doubt we will spend a lot of time reminiscing about 'The Lad' as she affectionately calls my dear departed hubby. I might or might not set up a post in advance.
I do still mean to return to more than a weekly post but it just hasn't happened. I am so sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment