Tuesday, 30 July 2013
A typical picnic
Back in April or May I went on a walk from home. I haven't blogged about it yet, but I thought I would show a photo of my picnic, which is a fairly typical walk picnic for me. It was about 18 miles because I was training for the 25 miler coming up, so I did need a lot of sustenance.
Bottle of weak squash. I don't like drinking plain water. Flask of tea. The two wedges in the front are cheese spring onion and potato bread. Sandwiches. I can't now remember what they contained but I think they would be of more than one type of filling. Egg or cold meat or pate or cheese. At the back a wedge of shortbread and a hunk of chocolate and pear cake. Left some little tomatoes and some grapes. I like variety. Hubby would always have been happy with about 10 sandwiches all the same and no fruit or veg in sight but I like a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"And a little bit of what you fancy does you good!"
ReplyDeleteI think your little picnic looks great. Glad to see you are cooking and eating properly for yourself.
ReplyDeleteBernard: You are so right!
ReplyDeleteHelsie: Well, yes, I have pretty much been eating my way through the year. At first, after Ian 'went', I just wasn't interested and some days I just ate four biscuits all day, but food soon became my great consolation and I just piled it in. I'm having to cut back a bit now because I am sure I am up to X+Y+Z stone!