Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Copenhagen




Hello chums. I have had no internet or phone for a week since getting back from my few days away. Copenhagen was great thought it hardly stopped raining. In the two dry hours I took a boat trip with a commentary and this, Nyhavn, is where the trip started and stopped. I think it's the most picturesque street in Copenhagen.

The weather didn't keep me in my hotel room reading. Oh no. I went out all day every day from about 9 until about 6 and walked miles and miles and saw lots of galleries and museums. It was too wet to linger in any of the beautiful public gardens but I used them as through routes so got passing glimpses. I even took a train trip across the Oresund bridge to Malmo in Sweden and back. However, as the bridge didn't have enough of a curve on it to see it from the train windows, all I saw were the girders whizzing past the windows, like you see when crossing the Forth Bridge.

I'll post again soon. I sometimes remember that there is still much that I haven't reported about Corsica.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your break, despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helsie and jc: Yes, I had a really good time, thanks.

    ReplyDelete