Always making the same old favourites, I said 'Come on, Foody, try something new.' So I did. I was worried my little choux (shoe?) buns might live up to their name and be as tough as old boots, but no, they are ever so light. If it was the middle of summer I would be filling them with cream and strawberries or raspberries, but I think I will do chopped pineapple (cos I want something with tang) mixed in whipped cream and will ice them with coconut icing.
One day I will do these and put savoury fillings in. They would be great for buffets.
I've been stuffing cakes into the freezer for weeks. It is all for a little gathering we are going to have when my late hubby's memorial bench gets installed at his place of work. A couple of short speeches, a cutting of ribbon, then a bun fight. I think he would approve.
If you saw Fauna Friday, I just want to say my lost purse has been handed in to the local cop shop. PHEW!
No comments:
Post a Comment