Friday, 10 October 2014

Fauna Friday: Sorry, but......




It's Fauna Friday again and I haven't thought of a post. But I have a good excuse. I have been distracted all day trying to find my purse. Last remembered yesterday in a shop when I was buying two tins of sardines. Not seen since. Phoned the shop and they said 'Oh not handed in yet but you could pop down tomorrow to the shop to ask again.' Em, excuse me, is that not why I am phoning???? To save myself a wasted hour's round trip???? And anyway I'm going away for the day tomorrow. Luckily I have £40 here in notes in the house so don't have to draw with a card I don't have.
Do banks still give you money if you hand a cheque over, written to yourself?
I need petrol and that will take up some of my £40 cash. I won't have much left to spend on treats.

Should I or shouldn't I report the cards missing? It's only because I'm going abroad on Thursday that I haven't. I am just hoping that they will turn up. If I order replacements tonight I am unlikely to get them before I go away. I have rung all my banks and the last transactions are all ones I remember doing myself, so, so far, no one has used the cards, so that suggests the purse is probably just mislaid and it's safe. But where? And will I find it before I go away? If I delay ordering new cards, I DEFINITELY own't get them before I leave.
You know when you book a hotel online using a card, and it says, when you come to check in at the hotel, please present the very same card you used to make the booking. Well what happens if that card has been lost and you have, or have not, had a replacement? Will they kick you out on the street?
Usually I get all het up when things like this happen. Today I did get all het up. I kicked the boiler in the process, because it gave me lukewarm water. (Didn't break it.) But then tonight I said 'Lots of people don't get het up, they just laugh. Why can't you be like that?' So I am trying to smile through it. Smiling through my teeth at St. Anthony. Come on, come on, St. Anthony, find this purse for me!!!!
What WILL happen to me when I get to my Copenhagen hotel and I can't produce the same card?
I don't have enough currency to cover that as well as all the treats I was hoping to have.

But it's still Fauna Friday. I should mention an animal. Well, here it is. You know I said I have checked my last transactions. Would you like to know what the three transactions were? One for travel insurance for my trip to Copenhagen next week and.....one return flight to Reykjavik for 27th June and one deposit for a trail ride in Iceland on Icelandic ponies!

3 comments:

  1. Crickey! Get moving and get your money for the trip some other way. Do you have travel debit cards over there? If so go and load one up so you have money for your trip and if you haven't found your purse by then cancel those cards before you leave. If you find your purse you can always use the card at home at a later date .. or even for another trip.
    Hope it all works out for you and you find the blessed thing !! Enjoy the holiday.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helsie: I'm not sure what these travel debit cards are. I've seen ads for a Post Office travel money card. Maybe that's what you mean. Can you use them in stations to pay for train tickets at those automatic machines they have? Can you use them in ATM machines? I will go and ask at the PO and the bank.
    I will go on the trip because it is all paid for and I have my foreign currency. Just not sure how I am going to get on taking the train from the airport if the only way of getting a ticket is from an automatic machine. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you, Helsie. You've given me a lifeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An update: My purse has been handed in to the local cop shop so I will be collecting it later today when I go out. This is no thanks to the local PC Plods though, about which more later.
    So I didn't need to find out about travel debit cards but I am grateful to Helsie for presenting that possibility.

    ReplyDelete