This was a great lunch. It was called the Petersborg Platter and you can get it at Cafe Petersborg, Bredgade, Copenhagen. I asked for the most typically Danish version of it and the waitress told me how to eat it. You start by buttering some smorrebrod which is 'black' rye bread and you put bits of all the food on the bread in turn, doing it in a strict order. Start in the middle with the pickled herring, as I have, then move out to the breaded fish fillet (that's the one with the yellow curried relish on it, which is very typical Danish I am told), then you move anti-clockwise to your smoked salmon and asparagus, then to your pork ball, then to your air dried beef with horseradish sauce, then finish up with your cheese. It certainly filled me up for a good few hours.
The untouched little pot is some goose fat. I just didn't fancy it.
If ever I am back in Wonderful Copenhagen, which I hope I will be, I will definitely be going back to this restaurant and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. The ambience was perfect and the food just marvellous and the staff were very friendly.

How adventurous you are trying to do this the proper way. That's half the fun of traveling though isn't it, trying all the different food?
ReplyDeleteOh yes, indeed, Helsie.
ReplyDelete