Friday, 25 May 2012

Fauna Friday: Tiggywinkle Tracks?




I am sure these tracks are a hedgehog's. Maybe Bernard knows. I forgot to say how I liked the photo of your hedgehog. It was instantly recognisable from just that little bit in the doorway of the hedgehog house.

I find tracks like these in the same place in the field and also in the garden, along with the black droppings they do.

Sorry I haven't been here all week. Our boss had a mini stroke last weekend and since then we have all jus been trying to share out all his work ad get on with it as best we can, not knowing if the next thing you pick up is something that is meant to complete that day or the next day, and not knowing if the next person on the phone is going to be furious with you for knowing nothing about his/her case. He doesn't keep very good notes or records, this boss. In fact he keeps none at all and his secretary just left last week, and he didn't get round to replacing her. So there's nobody who knows about his files except him and he's not well enough to be consulted. Fun, eh? I'm not somebody who handles stress very well so it's best to keep my head down and not talk to people. 

I know I am very behind with commenting on others' blogs and I am very sorry. I have no time in work at the moment and when I get home, well for the last so many days it has been SUUUUUNNNNYYYYEEEE!!!! so all I want to do is get outside and ride, walk or garden, not sit indoors at a computer, Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're right about the tracks, but to tell you the truth, I have never found any. My Hedgehogs hibernate in the winter when the ground is soft and muddy and now (here this morning) the ground is baked hard. I'm feeding him/her and leaving water down - most important to all birds and beasts. :)
    I expect to get more 'him's/her's' soon and the the fights start. No vicious fighting, just pushing and shoving. The loser usually curls up in a ball and the winner rolls him across the yard onto the lawn, where he unrolls and scampers off. Ah, the fun at mating time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were in a boggy bit under some trees. They are usually there, in the same place, and they do say that hedgehogs tend to use the same routes on their night patrols. Lucky you - I wish I could see the pushing and shoving. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete