Thursday, 7 June 2012
Difficult times
Oh dear. Life is hard. Hubby's mother has just died. It wasn't unexpected as she was in her 90's and had been fading away for years. It's a blessed release really.
There is other stuff: we went to visit my Dad and found him yet more confused. It is a huge worry for us, living 350 miles away from him, but the local social services and Alheimer's charity are very supportive. I went to talk to my co-attorney (who is a friend and neighbour of my Dad's) and found her most obstructive and argumentative. She called us unsavoury names and tried laying down the law about my Dad's care and turning it into a competition about who knew more about my Dad than who. She dragged up the subject of his Will and his future death and of other estranged family members which was all quite upsetting for me and totally irrelevant to the present points of discussion. We tried and tried to explain things and to say we were only trying to help but got constantly talked over. I ended up just walking out of her house as we were getting nowhere. Hubby tried to calm her down in the hallway but to no avail so sadly I am in the difficult position of having fallen out with my co-attorney.
Then when we got home, this news of hubby's mother was waiting for us.
Sorry I've been so quiet but work is very hard as boss is still off and passing his messy work across to me all the time. I just don't have blogging time just now.
Sorry a lot of my posts have been a bit gloomy. I think 2012 is turning out to be my 'annus horribilis'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I know just how you feel...or nearly anyway. So sorry for hubby's loss but a long life and a blessed end is good really isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI think we're all in for a torrid year. My mother now has Shingles - probably bought on by worrying about Dad and his heart and that four and a half hour drive is getting to be quite a trial.
We will just have to keep plodding along. Lots of our friends are in the same boat.
Cheers (???)
Oh Foody. So sorry to hear all this. Bless. Thinking of you and sending hugs. X
ReplyDeleteHelsie: Thanks. Yes it was as good for mother-in-law as it could have been. I have been thinking of you and wondering how your parents are. I'm so sorry to hear your mother is ill. At her time of life it must be really horrible for her. I can quite see the strain on you and Tony. Oh dear. Yes, one must keep plodding on, eh?
ReplyDeleteAnn: Thank you for your kind words and hugs.
Actually I need to send soomething to co-attorney today. I'll do a brief note just saying I'm sorry about how it all went but we need to work together so if she could just kindly sign these etc etc. I'll keep right off other topics and hope for the best.