Friday, 12 October 2012

Fauna Friday: Hungarian cloven hoofs



I have trawled the archives this week and found a flock of sheep that passed us in Hungary. I think the place may have been Taliandorogd, somewhere in the Bakony hills. (Fancy remembering a name like that from summer 2011, but I can't remember any details of a job I did for Mr. Joe Bloggs last week!)

I remember hearing the sound of all these little hoofs on the grass trrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! and as well as the hoofs the little grinding teeth as the nibbled their way along, almost a buzz! ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

An update on the situation with hubby: he has been out of hospital for 2 days now and relaxing at home, but walking about for a few minutes at a time, as he has been advised. It is a week now since we were told the results would come in a week so any minute now the phone should ring. It's a very anxious time. We are planning a short trip to a furniture shop this afternoon so I hope we 'get away' with it without incident. I think when I feel less anxious I will blog a bit more. Just can't keep my mind on anything else at the moment.

Ann, I got those magnifying one-eyed glasses from Amazon. Will let you know how I get on with them but they seem just the job. Thank you very much.

5 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed here for Ian.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Foody. :-).
    Fingers crossed for your husband that he gets good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helsie and Ann: Thanks for your wishes for hubby. Still no results but he doesn't want to chase up because he is quite content just sitting quietly at home not being able to walk or talk much and not having horrible things done to him. We have been out on little trips so that's been good. Haven't had to switch on the portable oxygen that we have to take with us.
    The call from the hospital must come soon. It has been 12 days now. Last week I thought of nothing else but this week I'm finding it less difficult to think of other things. Might go and explore Greater Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Foody - just stopping by to offer blog support from afar and hoping the prognosis hubby received was good. Where would he be without you by his side? Glad you got those make-up specs - no excuse now for flawed eye-make-up! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. S: Thanks for dropping in. We are both going to meet his consultant on Monday to find out what's wrong with him and what can be done about it. I'm worried; he isn't.
    Office party in about 8 weeks so I'll let you know how I got on with the make up specs after that.

    ReplyDelete