Friday, 5 October 2012

Fauna Friday: Urban barn owl




What's an owl doing in the middle of York? It was one of those bird keepers who takes his birds to the middle of a town as a tourist attraction and people can get to hold and stroke them for a fiver a time. Hah. We didn't do any of that. There is a little farm park which isn't too far away from where we live, and there you can stroke as many owls as you like (once you have paid the admission fee and got in).
However it was lovely seeing those creatures so close up. When else would I get a barn owl photo like this?

2 comments:

  1. How lovely is that owl! A few months back at Dobbies nearby to us, a man had brought along a number of owls, i will be honest I didn't realise how many different sized/types of owls we had in Britain, so cute, And of course you could pay to have your photograph taken with them I didn't, but I did out some money in his,collection tin. And a few years ago I saw an owl sitting on the kerb next to the busy road on the A77 as we drove by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann: It's always a treat to see one of them out in the wild as well as close up.

    ReplyDelete