Friday, 26 October 2012

Fauna Friday: Equestrian Shopping



While in Yorkshire (yes, she is still banging on about that!) we went to Rideaway, a big equestrian shop. Well, I couldn't pass it by, could I? It was only a few miles away. I buy a lot online from Rideaway at home, and I had made a list before we went away of everything I would like to look at there.



I thought I would save some postage money and buy a supply of the pony feed supplements I regularly buy from them, Biotin (for hoof strength) and Pink Powder (recommended by the vet to aid digestion in the ageing Quasar when she had a funny turn a few years ago). I also needed a new reflective vest (title pic),



Quasar needed a new girth (above)



and here she is modelling it, and that was her 'summer' coat!


and they both needed some new buckets. I like these strong, heavy rubber ones that are made from old tyres. They're harder to tip up, they don't crack, they don't blow about and they can't get their feet in between the handle and the bucket either. Only thing is, you can't swing them over your arm so they are a bit more unwieldy to carry.
A few other things were bought by hubby after we got out of the shop. He he had to just do a few things and went back in again. I suspect these things are items I was admiring and trying on in the shop but didn't really need. They will have been bought and stashed away for certain events in December.

An update on hubby's condition. My dear chums, I am afraid to say he has cancer in both lungs and in the lymph glands and it is advanced. Has clearly been developing for years. He is going to have some chemo to slow down the progression of the disease but it won't stop it. He won't be going back to work, he was told, ever. That can be taken in two ways, but neither of them good. For the time being we will try to carry on as normally as possible and not let it drag us down, as it so easily could. I don't really know what lies ahead but as the weeks and months go by we will find out and will have to deal with it all as best we can. I don't know what to think now about the events in December I mentioned. I mean my birthday and Christmas. Could be very different from usual. This equestrian shopping post was all prepared some weeks ago, waiting for me to take the last photo.

5 comments:

  1. A very brave post my little Foody. I guess you have no choice but to carry on. Do hope hubby is being kept as comfortable as possible and that the chemo goes well.
    Hugs from Helsie and Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Peace to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear chums, I know a bit more. The bit about not returning to work is for the saddest reason. They think it will be months, not years. He doesn't know this, although he knows it won't be long. I think he thinks he might get a year or so. I am just being there for him and going onto part time work. I'll take a complete break when I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Foody xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Oh I am so so sorry. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete