Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Come dine with me
We had two friends over on Saturday night. Here's the menu. Well, we started by munching Mackie's crisps with sherry and G&T and stuff like that. Then we had cullen skink with crusty bread and butter.
Next, stuffed pork tenderloin. As always, I forgot to photograph it before it was served up. It looked really neat in its string, all golden and roasty. When I was halfway through mine, I remembered about a photo. It's all broken up now. It was stuffed with smoked bacon, leek, orange and walnut stuffing and served on apple and onion slices with a cider sauce made with the meat juices and cream. The veg was potatoes dauphinoise, red cabbage with apple and red wine vinegar and roasted root veggies.
For afters we had lemon tart with roasted apple slices and a baked apple spiced coulis. And cream for those who like it. I don't. I sprinkled the top with icing sugar (which looks like coconut in the photo) and little gold stars which you can just make out.
There's my blurry portion. I don't like using flash so it was fuzzy. Or is that because of all the wine I had drunk?
Then coffee for those who like it. I don't. Forgot to photograph the coffee.
Our friend John spilt a glass of red wine all over the fawn tablecloth and on the white rug, the white wall and the (absorbent) bamboo table runner. I got it out of everything except the table runner but that's only a small thing and there are still some methods I can try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow, looks like your cooking mojo hasn't deserted you! What a feast ! When we were in Scotland about 10 years ago I tried Cullin Skink (lovely)and we have developed a real love of red cabbage since our last trip to England. I have cooked it a couple of times and am busy introducing it to our friends ( orange juice and marmalade jam in my recipe ). Love the gold stars on the dessert too- What a fun idea!
ReplyDeleteI'm off to check tonight's dinner - curry.
Cheers
Helsie: I hope you enjoyed your curry!
ReplyDelete