Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Secrets of the woods



I have been a bit naughty in the woods. Beyond my secret plum tree is a path that leads down to the river. I go down this path and when I get to the bottom I have to climb a gate. When I have jumped down the other side of that gate I find there is a Water Authority sign on it saying 'Strictly no admittance' to where I have just come from. I hadn't realised as there was nothing to say so at the other end. Anyway I keep using the path as it's a handy way to the river. The woods are dense so who's going to see?

One day I was back up at the start of this downhill path, by the plum tree, and I happened to notice, lying on the ground, the gate leading on to this forbidden path at its top end. There was a clear 'no admittance' sign on the gate. I just hadn't seen it before. So what did I do? I shoved it down the steep slope, out of sight. So now I can say I didn't see any sign, if I get caught.




This is what they don't want you to interfere with (left and right). I don't know what's in the little cave but you can clearly hear water running. It must be a water collection point. Then in front of it there's this pipe coming out of the ground, pouring into another pipe which runs vertically down the hillside and into the hydro electric place. I'd love to see where on the outside the water goes in off the hill. By looking at my panorama photo I can try to work it out.

Then we had my Dad to stay. We decided to take him for a tour of the hydro-electric scheme. We were in this sort of control room place and there was a guy sitting at a computer screen and on that screen was a picture of that very spot where the gate used to be. 'Ohhhh...' I thought. I waited for a little film of me to appear on the screen, shoving the gate down the slope. This was a couple of years ago. The shoved gate is well overgrown now. Ha ha.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, ha you never know where the CCC tv is these days. Watch out for a policeman coming to your door!!!
    Cheers
    PS. When you're off in the wilds on your own do you plan where you're going to escape to when the nuclear holocaust happens? I do. That little cave might be a start to a good under ground hiding place!!
    or a comet hits (comet was my verification word )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helsie: Fancy 'comet' being your verification word. No, I haven't planned that, but the little watery cave would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you naughty girl Foody lol
    Just imagine if you had appeared on the film! Well I suppose you could have just said it was your twin sister lol. ; -).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann: Ooooh yes. I never thought of that likely story!

    ReplyDelete