Monday, 6 February 2012

Freedo-o-o-o-o-o-m!!!!



I have just had two and a half days off gratis. The boiler at work broke down and the place was freezing. Legally we could have all walked out but being conscientious we just put on coats, mustered electric fires, made hot drinks and got on with it. My room was still only 12 degrees with the fire on. I don't know what 12 degrees means in 'old money' but I know it's much too low.
Anyway, next day the electrics failed. So the computer server went 'down' too and so did the 'phones. Boss said we might as well all go home so we did. This was Wednesday lunchtime. On Thursday I work at home anyway but the boss said the electrics had failed because we overloaded them. He told me not to come in on Friday or Monday. Wey hey!!! (Monday is the day the boiler gets fixed). Well, what could I do? I had only brought home enough work for Thursday and I got that done on Wednesday and Thursday. To my mind they have to be free days off. Of course I will 'pay' because when I get on Wednesday there will be almost a week's worth of post to catch up on. (I'm away on a course on Tuesday).
Anyway I made a cake on Friday morning then took myself out for a long, long walk. I sat at the top of a little hill and thought I would do one of my panoramic photos. The house towards the left is not our house.Ours is over the hill behind that house and down a little way, about 10 mins on foot.
The wooded valley is the deep gorge I sometimes speak of, with Helsie's 'spooky trees' on the left (north) slope. In the midst of them are my 'secret' plum tree and lots of bilberries. You may make out a small waterfall down on the river, in the dark bit to the right of the picture.
That nasty file is all but finished and I said I would 'come out' about where I lived when it was done. Not that I've given much away here, but watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. Very hilly and remote.. and I can see SNOW in the distance! What a difference from all that snow last year! The panorama worked out really well didn't it? We've never really tried to do any of them but they are so effective when you have a spectacular view.
    Glad your horrible file is nearly finished with. Must be a HUGE relief, you've been working on it for ages. Make the most of your time off.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helsie: Yes, the snow was closer to the village a few days before, but it has gradually retreated. There has been loads further east. I suspect some our blogger friends such as Bernard will be in the thick of it. Shirl is. Lucky devils.

    ReplyDelete