The rambler/climbing rose Kiftsgate is out. What a fragrance! I cut some and put it in a vase with philadelphus, honeysuckle and other things whose names I have forgotten. It isn't in the first room but as soon as we walk in the front door I can smell it.
I say 'I'. Hubby can't. Has poor sense of smell.
My hubby has no nose.
- How does he smell?
Awful!!!!
The wigwam outside? That's some sweet peas but they aren't window height yet.
I take it the little white flower is the rose? I really love the purple flower too.
ReplyDeletecheers
PS Ha ha Now that's a real Bernard joke !!
Helsie: Yes, the little white one. It comes in clusters, if that's the right word. Like ready made posies, lots of short stems coming out of one twig.
ReplyDeleteYes, I thought it was great. I think it originated from Monty Python.
Ha,ha! It's not one of mine.
ReplyDeleteIt's out of a Christmas cracker. :)
Bernard: I actually got it from Monty Python. But as Helsie says it does sound like your sort of joke. It's good, isn't it?
ReplyDelete