We had a friend to stay at the weekend. Hubby wasn't up to walking but she and I went out for two really good ones, one lasting two hours down into the gorge and through the woods. Nothing remarkable about that at all, except that Ludo followed us all the way. He miaowed for most of it and took rests while we picked blackberries.
Sorry it has been a quiet week blog-wise but hubby isn't very well, which doesn't make me feel much like blogging.
That is very unusual for a cat to go so far outside of 'his territory'. I've had cats follow me 'so far',(50yds) and then sit and watch. Wes follows me up the road to post a letter (50yds) and then back but thats all. Sorry to hear about 'Hub'. Hope he's soon on the mend. :)
ReplyDeleteBernard: Yes, it is unusual. He has followed our walks before but never away from home for more than a hour previously. This was double that. Aw, sweet,Wes following you to the postbox.
ReplyDeleteAbout hub, yes, I hope so. Still don't know what he's got yet but they are doing lots of investigations.
I've never been around cats, Foody. No-one in my family, nor do any of my friends have cats. I've seldom been in their company so I don't know a lot about them or understand their needs. I didn't know you could take a cat for a walk. Hope hubby gets well quick. Xx
ReplyDeleteMrs. S: I've nearly always had a cat. Thing is, I don't take Ludo as such, he just follows. It's really sweet.
ReplyDeleteCats have few needs really. They are very self-sufficient and that's one reason why I like them so much.
Thanks for your good wishes.
Oh bless Ludo, our older daughter used to have a cat, and when she took their dog out a walk the cat would follow. Their dog went to doggie heaven last week at 15 bless,
ReplyDeleteOh i hope your hubby is soon well. Oh Foody i will put a photo on my blog as I know you will know what these berries are, we were out bramble picking and saw these nearby and wondered what they were, i know you will know. It isn't on my blog yet, will do so tonight,
All about growing Sweet peas from my blogger friend Jane. Worth a peek. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://janewwwwebblogcom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/l-is-for-lathyrus-adoratus-or-sweetpea.html
Ann: I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of the dog.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I haven't been to Blogland but I will look at your post tonight.
Bernard: It should be 'odoratus' I think. = smelly. Pedantic as ever, eh? Thanks for the further tips. I will go there soon I promise.