Friday, 3 May 2013

Fauna Friday: Mr. Badger's home?




If I don't put this up soon it won't be primrose time any more. I saw this quintessential cutesy hole beneath tree roots and primroses and it reminded me of little stories I used to read as a child, about little animals in woods. There were always lovely illustrations of scenes a bit like this.

I saw this when I was on my 'pilgrimage' for hubby's birthday and I think it is a badger's hole, judging from the other similar holes that were round about and all the claw scratch marks in the soil.

Once at work I was involved in some transaction of a house called Badger's Hole. My boss said 'What a disgusting name for a house!' Honestly, it hadn't occurred to me to think of it in that way! I just pictured the property as something like this and thought 'How sweet'.

3 comments:

  1. Badgers Hole now that is funny when you mention it like that Foody lol

    It also sounds like an area in Midsomer Murder series on tv. Don't they have a place called Badgers Drift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know how I love badgers don't you.
    Your photo reminded me of those Brambly Hedge books. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann: Oh, do they? I don't watch MM. Badgers Drift. Di they drift? How odd.

    Helsie: Yes, I remember you love badgers. I love Brambly Hedge. Have you ever seen the little films? The one about the Ice Ball is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete