Saturday, 27 April 2013

Foody in the city





Sorry I forgot to tell anyone  - well, nearly anyone - but I went away for a few days to visit friends. I went to the office on Wednesday, handed in my notice (!!!) then took to the road on Thursday. Among other things which I'll come back to another day, I went to see a friend in Glasgow.



We had a day walking at Loch Lomond, up Conic then along the loch side.



Then we had a day east, in the border country and had a walk and a lovely lunch at an organic farm. This area is within 20 miles of where old Foody was born and brought up.



Then I had a day in Glasgow while my pal Mary was at work. I met another old friend but then she had to go to a meeting so I explored the Kelvin Grove Art Gallery then St. Mungo's cathedral, behind which lies the Necropolis. After that I hit the shops as I had to buy some toffee and fudge and stuff for my pet feeders.

Glasgow has some very fine buildings and big open squares but sorry, I have to say that in my opinion Edinburgh, over 'the ither side', is far more beautiful!

Yep, I've left work. Well, with all that has gone I just don't feel I could face it any more, nit even part time. I know what would happen. I would be expected to full time work on part time pay and would be working or fretting about it on my days off. That boss of mine would keep dumping things on me that he has ignored for years and the clients are screaming. He knows I hate to say 'No' and hate to let clients down or even him down (why ???) so he takes advantage. Well I've had enough. I can't do nasty stuff any more without a hubby. Can I afford it? Not quite, but adding all things together I only need a little top-up income and I have plenty of irons in the fire. Now I and only I am in charge of the days and hours I work, or don't work. I am still a solicitor. I've done nothing bad so I stay on the roll and I can go back to it whenever I want to, if I want to. I haven't burnt my boats or done anything irrational. Some think I've done the wrong thing, some think I've done the right thing, but I know I've done the right thing and hubby would be so pleased. It's what he wanted and I assured him on his last day that, by hook or by crook, I would find a way.

FREEDO-O-O-O-O-O-O-MMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. "Running around, trying everything new,
    but nothing impressed me at all -
    I never expected it tooooooo -
    So I chose Freed-u-u-u-u-ummmm!
    Ha,ha! I expect you recognize this? I can't stop singing it now! ;o
    I knew you were unhappy at work - I could tell by your blogs. So - Good for you. I wish you the best of luck.
    Cheers....Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are your own boss now Foody and what a great feeling for you.
    You say some said you shouldn't and others say you should. But really only you can make that choice. And as you say you are still on the roll and can go back at some point if you want to.
    So enjoy your freedom, you seem to keep yourself busy, and good luck with all "the irons in in the fire" . Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray ! Good riddance to the nasty job! I can only imagine how relieved you must be feeling. Let's hope your plans for the future all go well.
    Ps. I understand you have dropped in on a mutual friend while you are visiting Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helsie' Ann and Bernard: Yes, it was getting me down. It wasn't so much the clients as the senior partner just taking advantage of me all the time and dumping stuff on me.
    It's brilliant being a free lady especially now it's sunny and hot.
    Yes' Helsie. Post on a certain person and place coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I told Helsie I had a visitor someone she had already met. But I didn't mention who but she guessed without mentioning names,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann: Aw, Helsie would know. Now you'll see my post on where I was!

    ReplyDelete