Do you like my little fairy bag? For our Iolanthe production we were asked to make or get shoulder bags to hold our wands (which we haven't yet seen). The idea is that we can tuck our wands away quickly when we need our hands to do other stuff, and get them back again when needed. 'Use lots of silver and sparkle and shiny material' he said. 'The lights will catch them beautifully'. So here is mine. I sewed on all these little snowflake-y clusters to form the middle star and put random ones in the background. The sequins were on a strip, thankfully.
I do like the little bag, but when will it ever get out again? I don't use things like that. Maybe some little girl would like it when I've finished with it.
Very pretty. Perhaps you could go on a glittery cruise????
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helsie: Thanks. Em.... what's a glittery cruise?!
ReplyDeleteI like your your little bag, but it does seem a strange thing for a fairy to carry.
ReplyDeleteBeing a practical sort of chap - how did you know how big to make it, if you haven't seen the wands yet? :)
Hope it fits.
Use? Well save it for next Christmas, fill it with goodies and raffle it for the 'Old Folk (at) Home.
Cheers.....B
Just a thought - for Helen - how does she get past this 'word verification' lark, whereas I (he of poor sight) has to struggle with the wonky words?
ReplyDeleteYou know... one where you get all dressed up every night for dinner ( so you can use your pretty, glittery bag ) and spend more time eating than sightseeing!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Bernard: This is the thing. The question we all asked, because we hadn't seen the wands. The director pointed one woman's bag and said it was a bit too big, and another's that he said was a little too small, so I just did something in between. I'm hoping it'll be OK but if we wait for the wands it'll be the dress rehearsal or something and therefore no time to make a bag for the opening night.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to know what to do about word verification. I do want to have the chance to moderate comments but I hate to think of my fellow bloggers going through that stupid word check.
Helsie: Oh, I see. I wondered if you meant one of those
holidays when you pretend it's Christmas all the time. Hmmm glitter cruise? Right up my street (I don't think!)!
I'm with you Bernard. I hate this new word verification. A lot of bloggers have removed it altogether. I am finding I'm getting better at it but I refuse to give it more than 2 tries before I leave in a huff!!! I've never had any sort of word verification without any mishaps so far though I did once delete a nasty comment from an anonymous idiot.
ReplyDeleteCheers
PS. So I won't save up for a ticket on the cruise for you Foody???
Em, no.... unless you can get me a ticket to go as human cargo. I've heard of people doing that and I quite fancy it.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should get rid of word verification, by populr demand.
Bernard: Ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteFoody maybe keep the glittery bag for christmas............... Hang it by the fireside lol.
ReplyDeleteAnn: That's a great idea. Maybe it'll get filled with pressies then!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you. I have been wondering if you are OK.
We were away to Fuerteventura for 7 nights, we jst got bak Wednesday, it was lvely to have some hot weather, and nice to have a sunny day the day after we came home o all washing done!
ReplyDeleteAnn: That's a relief. I am really glad to hear it. So glad you enjoyed yourselves and got your washing all done and dried.
ReplyDelete