There they are, in the spring sunshine. I should get out riding on Sunday because the show will all be over by then.
The wheatear was seen on its wall on Wednesday morning! All the way back from Africa. Apparently the males arrive first, so he will be waiting for his wife to catch up. I wonder if he will start stuffing grass into the wall to make a nest? Must read about wheatears' nests. Sometimes I think they are just on the ground under a stone. Maybe they don't use soft furnishings.
We have heard chiff chaffs too.
Ahhhhhh lovely horses munching away.
ReplyDeleteI kew you would know the name of the bird in my blog Foody lol.
It was so unusual.
Ann: Yes, they do like their food, those two!
ReplyDeleteI was happy to observe the hoopoe on your blog.
Hope you managed to get your ride in on the weekend!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helsie: Yes, I was finally free on Sunday and had a lovely, lively ride in the sun. She was quite frisky after all that time.
ReplyDelete