?
Say I find a blog and I like it and would like to follow it. There's a list of followers but no 'follow' button, just a 'click to become a member' button. I might not want to join as a member, I just want to follow, so how do I just follow? Or is it the same thing?
Also sometimes you see the little blue 'F' button, meaning Facebook. Does that mean 'join me on Facebook' or 'follow me on Facebook' or just 'click here to see my Facebook page'? I think I have clicked but am none the wiser about what I'm doing. I don't want to get caught up in anything I wouldn't want because I HATE Facebook. I'm afraid to click on anyone's page in case they get endless friend suggestions about me, that I don't know about, then the next thing is I then get bombarded with endless unwanted friend suggestions and requests from FB about them. GrrrRrrRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! to it all.
I'm not an expert here ... but if you want to follow - and by that I mean that new posts come up on your sidebar to alert you to them - then I do that through Layout under a gadget I've added called "Blogs I Follow". All visitors to my blog can see who I'm following and have a look at those blogs if they feel like it. That's the way I've found most of the blogs I look at regularly. (Kath to Bernard to you for instance).
ReplyDeleteIf you like a blog but want to keep your visits to yourself then I just bookmark them in my Favourites and visit them that way.
I don't really know what the Followers thing is. Perhaps it is just so you know who visits your blog regularly cos lots of people visit but don't comment. I usually sign in there to the ones I follow so they know I'm a regular visitor.
Dont know what happens with Facebook. You can click on the icon on my blog if you like and we'll see what happens.
Cheers
At the very top of the blog is a blue line. On the far left side are the options - FOLLOW, SHARE, REPORT ABUSE, - etc.
ReplyDeleteYou can click on 'follow' from here.
Sorry I know nothin' about facebook.
Cheers....Bernard
I just click on the follow button of a blog I would like to follow and then I cut and paste their blog site and add it to my list of blogs I follow. I don't bother with clicking to follow them on FB or Titter as like you I am not a fan of these kind of sites although I have joined FB but still don't like it. Not sure if this is the information you are looking for, maybe I am doing it all wrong lol. One of my daughters set up FB for me so only family and friends read the rubbish I post which is few and far between :-)
ReplyDeleteHelsie, Bernard, Ann: Hmmmm. I know about the blue 'Follow' button at the top left, but what I'm saying is that it isn't always there, even on Blogspot blogs. You sometimes get 'join' instead, somewhere else on the blog, and the blog has members. I just wondered what the difference was between being a member and being a follower. It doesn't really matter.
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm I noticed that as well............ There isn't always the blue button. That's strange. Off to have another hop around blogs to see.
ReplyDeleteOooooooooooooops Foody lol. Look what I have typed instead of twitter. Oooooooops
ReplyDeleteMine and yours, say 'Members'. It must be the same as a follower. They have just changed the wording. :)
ReplyDeleteAnn says......
ReplyDelete"...to follow them on FB or Titter"
Woops! I like it. :)
Ann and Bernard: Hee hee! Titter, titter, titter! Thanks for your comments.
ReplyDeleteI prefer 'follow'. To be a member has connotations of rules and signing up for stuff, closed doors etc etc. Oh well, it's been interesting.
* hangs head and blushes *
ReplyDeleteMy daughters are used to my mistakes in my texts to them as well. : - o
Ann: Tsk tsk! Shame on you.
ReplyDeleteHelsie: I thought I published your two comments about call centres and blogger security but th ey aren't showing. nyway I do agree with you. We have lots of 'outsourced' call centres here too, speaking to you form away across the globe. It is a daft arrangement when you can't understand them nor they you.
ReplyDelete