Monday, 12 March 2012

Monday Moans



I liked Kath's recent post about things that annoy you and I've been thinking of doing something similar. Trouble is, I can never decide on a top 10. I always think of better ones after posting. So I think that I will put up one moan at a time, once a week. What better day than Monday?! Could have been Saturday or Sunday Sighs, but Sat and Sun are not days to be moaning on. Wednesday Whinge doesn't work because I pronounce 'wh' differently from 'w'. Can't think of a word to go with 'Th' and Friday is Fauna Friday. I'm not saying there will be a moan every Monday, but that will be the nominated day.

To start, I had to phone a utility company last week about a dead person's account (for the fourth time, incidentally). I had this automated message thing and it said they were busy and would I like to request a call back, to save waiting in a queue. So I clicked. I put in my phone number and the person's account number and spoke my name. Not long afterwards, the returned call came. It said 'This is a call for.. then my recorded voice was played back 'Foody'. And I sat and waited, and the music played and played and played and I was just thinking to myself 'Well why the heck did they say the call back would save me waiting, when I have just ended up waiting for ages for them to pick up??!!! I'm going to politely express annoyance about this!' (I didn't). Then when I finally did get through I was asked for the account number. Well I had just punched it in, hadn't I? What's the point in asking you to enter it if they are just going to ask you for it anyway? GrrRrRRRR!!!!!

Welcome to Monday morning.

6 comments:

  1. Grrrrrrrrrrrr how annoying!
    My Monday moan is.............too many Americanism's used in Britain! Grrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Ann, I couldn't agree more. I feel another Monday Moan coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With you on this one. I can't stand call centres for energy companies or anyone else and don't get me started on the music they play whilst you are stuck on hold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirl: I was on the phone one day and the music was so awful I complained. They weren't interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indian Call Centres annoy me. Everything from emergency ambulance calls to help when your phone is playing up is outsourced from Australia to India. Their English is poor and so heavily accented you can't understand them and they only understand a few key phrases so you get nowhere. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I think this grouch session is fun !!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh , and Bloggers new security really iritates me too!!!

    ReplyDelete