These surprises were all sent to me by a trusty old pal. I can't wait to start them! Such an imaginative collection. How lucky I am. There are eggs too and some eyes for when I next make something that needs that sort of eyes.
You are indeed lucky. :) I was reading about this 'Great Egg Rip Off' just this morning:- "Some of the Easter Eggs have, as much as trebled in price over the past year thanks to growing uncertainty in the cocoa bean markets and claims supermarkets are unfairly hiking prices. Cadbury’s medium Creme Egg has increased from £1 to £3 at Sainsbury’s in just a year, along with its popular Dairy Milk Caramel Egg and Flake Egg. At Tesco, the Creme Egg has increased from £1 in 2011 to £2.50 this year and its own brand 200g Milk Chocolate Egg Hunt Bag doubled in price from £1 to £2. Consumers are being urged to shop around due to wild price differences across various chains. The price rises have been blamed on supermarkets but there are also fears of a global cocoa bean shortage following a drought in the Ivory Coast, which produces 40 per cent of the world’s supply." It must be nice knowing that you won't have to 'shop around' this year. :) More time for your ponies. :)
Bernard: I was oblivious to all this even though I bought an egg for hubby. Oooh, I hope the person who sent them didn't have to cough up too dearly. I shall enjoy them all the more! (Most gone but one chicken left). Absolutely delicious. Haaar haaaar! Yum yum!
Sorry I'm late wishing you a Happy Easter. couldn't remember if I had left a comment or not!!! Conspicuous absence of Easter eggs here this year we're both too FAT ! Since I did not shop for eggs I didn't notice the prices this year but I haven't heard any outcry either. Cheers
You are indeed lucky. :)
ReplyDeleteI was reading about this 'Great Egg Rip Off' just this morning:-
"Some of the Easter Eggs have, as much as trebled in price over the past year thanks to growing uncertainty in the cocoa bean markets and claims supermarkets are unfairly hiking prices.
Cadbury’s medium Creme Egg has increased from £1 to £3 at Sainsbury’s in just a year, along with its popular Dairy Milk Caramel Egg and Flake Egg.
At Tesco, the Creme Egg has increased from £1 in 2011 to £2.50 this year and its own brand 200g Milk Chocolate Egg Hunt Bag doubled in price from £1 to £2.
Consumers are being urged to shop around due to wild price differences across various chains. The price rises have been blamed on supermarkets but there are also fears of a global cocoa bean shortage following a drought in the Ivory Coast, which produces 40 per cent of the world’s supply."
It must be nice knowing that you won't have to 'shop around' this year. :)
More time for your ponies. :)
Bernard: I was oblivious to all this even though I bought an egg for hubby. Oooh, I hope the person who sent them didn't have to cough up too dearly. I shall enjoy them all the more! (Most gone but one chicken left). Absolutely delicious. Haaar haaaar! Yum yum!
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late wishing you a Happy Easter. couldn't remember if I had left a comment or not!!!
ReplyDeleteConspicuous absence of Easter eggs here this year we're both too FAT !
Since I did not shop for eggs I didn't notice the prices this year but I haven't heard any outcry either.
Cheers
Helsie: How nice to hear from you. Sorry you think you're both too fat for chocolate eggs. Not even a tiny weeny one? Oh dear.
ReplyDelete