Friday, 27 April 2012

Fauna Friday: New life emerges


Actually I'm not sure it does!  It didn't seem very alive. There was no movement in its hairy face when I touched it. We just laid it aside, off the path, to save it from getting trodden on and in case it revived later.
This looked at first like a caterpillar emerging from a chrysalis, but then I remembered that they are supposed to emerge as butterflies, not caterpillars. What's going on? I don't really want to look it up because I know I will be faced with pictures of beasties, which always scare me and make me scream.
(The whole thing was about 2 and a half inches long)

My pals, just after I said I was a bit unbloggish recently, I then had news of the sudden death of the mother of a friend. The mother was a friend too. She was a lady in a million, so beautiful, at 75 she looked 45, so understated, so warm and funny and welcoming. I didn't always see eye to eye with my friend (I mean the one whose mother it was) but I have sent a card and letter and hope it will help. Still, I feel even less bloggish now. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend's passing .It seems just one thing after another. You need to rewind this year and start again!
    Thinking of you
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helsie: Thanks. Yes, it's all very upsetting. Can't stop thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete