When I was on the previous Blogger 'interface', there was always a little notice saying 'Try the new Blogger interface'. I tried it, didn't like it, so reverted to the old. Now I find I have no option. They have changed it, like it or not. Do you know what I don't like? I don't see any 'dashboard' button. So when I finish writing this post, I will have to come out of the blog and then go back in again to get back to dashboard, because I saved dashboard as a favourite. I have sent feedback to Google about this, but can someone help me here, please? At the top of this page, I have the following: publish, save, preview, close. Then further along, a little picture which says 'profile' if you hover on it. No dashboard. So what do I do to find the blogs that I follow? I usually get a little picture and a heading and a few words from the start of all posts on blogs I follow. Well, not any more. Thank you, Google and Blogger!
('Interface'? Why can't they just say 'look'?)

I don't like it much either. Now we all look a bit the same. I 'm a bit too scared I'll lose stuff if I try things out - won't be able to go back is my fear. I guess we'll all get used to it but I like to go back and read through my old stuff sometimes and I don't want to lose it all.
ReplyDeleteNow I could do a real moan on all these new terms - like interface , once that had something to do with dressmaking !! One of the reasons I was glad to get out of Education was all the new buzz words they were introducing, or making up new meanings for words that you would never find in a dictionary. Just trying to confuse everyone and appear intelligent that's all.
Moan, moan, moan!
Helsie: Yes, and finding and publishing comments was harder and took longer.
ReplyDeleteInterfacing was that fleecy stuff that you put in waistbands and other bits that needed to be firmer, wasn't it?
Oh, I know, don't these types just love to bandy their new words about and see you looking lost? Moan, moan, moan!