Monday, 2 April 2012
Monday moan: Conbury's Fake
I was in the Spar shop looking for Flake multi-packs to make my Easter Nest Cakes with. I could only see individual ones so I went to the till with 5 Flakes. The man said 'Did you know there are packets of four Flakes for a pound over there? So I trotted off gratefully to get a multi-pack. I thought they were a bit short, and when I compared them back at the till, the ones in the multi-pack were indeed shorter than the ones sold individually! 'Sneaky!' said the man at the till.
(Damage limitation!: I don't mean to use the words 'con' or 'fake' but I just thought the words were clever. Hope I don't get sued. I will give a full apology.
On the multi-pack it tells you the Flakes inside weigh 102g each, but on the individual ones no weight is given. Hmmm. Not very easy for the customer to compare then.
I have been noticing this failure to tell the weight of chocs for some time now. When you want a certain weight for a certain recipe, it would be helpful ot have a clue of the weight of the bars you are buying, especially because they do keep changing/ getting smaller!!! It would be hepful not to have to bring your kitchen scales into the shop with you.
If I may add a further moan: I was asked if there was 'anything else I can help you with today?' NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Heavens wouldn't it be funny if the Cadbury people read your post like the cereal people did that time? Look out !!!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helsie: Oooh, I know! I haven't actually used the word 'Cadbury's' so hopefully they won't find it. I might amend it in days to come as it is a risk.
ReplyDeleteI must change the weight. They must weigh 102g for the four, not each.
Mmmmmm, not had a Flake for years!
ReplyDeleteJC. Hello. Well you'd better have one soon before they get any smaller! I'm convinced the Conbury mini eggs I bought for my nest cakes are smaller than last year's too!
ReplyDelete