Friday, 16 November 2012

Fauna Friday: A cat on a bench


We had a trip away yesterday to one of our favourite benches and look who we met. This plump little cat was very affectionate.

'Trips away, eh? Is hubby not so bad then?' Yes, I'm afraid he is. He coughed and retched and wheezed and whispered his way here and couldn't walk a few yards without being breathless and unable to speak. It's OK, we have portable oxygen canisters so are not tied to the house. There are places which are very special to us and although it's unspoken we know this could be our last time visiting them together. I'll show more pics of this place in another post soon.
He starts chemo on Monday - if they think he's fit enough for it. That's in the balance at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have been able to get out even a little. This is such a sad time for you both. Hope hubby has been able to get a little bit of sitting in the sunshine in and staying cosy the rest of the time.Please let me know if there is anything I can send him to help while away the hours.
    Hugs
    H&T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helsie. Sunshine????
    Thanks for your offer of help. Pictures and one-liners are good. Maybe email them as he may not like to see how open I have been on the blog.
    His pals keep sending him long, long emails even though I have asked them very nicely to keep them short. He is too ill to read and reply to long things and I despair because they keep doing it and he is too polite not to reply or to just tell them, but long things exhaust him and I hate to see him so daunted and worn down by correspondence.
    Thank you for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete