Saturday, 17 November 2012

Santa Maria Nuova, Cortona




Many weeks ago when hubby was not nearly so ill, we spent a day on an art trail. We very much liked many things but we had a favourite and this was it.
When hubby was told he was very ill, I decided to buy him this painting for Christmas. I tracked down the artist and was so relieved when she said she still had the painting. A week ago hubby and I drove to her home and studio in a medieval farmhouse deep in the countryside to collect it. We have never bought an original oil painting before. How exciting. I have never spent nearly so much on a Christmas present before but this year is different. Besides, I have given it to him early, for reasons which you know. When his sister and hubby come next weekend, they will help put it up. At the moment it's propped against the fireguard (when the fire isn't lit!)

I have shaken the camera I think. The original doesn't look quite as blurry.

The subject is S. Maria Nuova, near Cortona in Tucsany.

No comments:

Post a Comment