Friday, 9 November 2012

Fauna Friday: a sleepy cat




We were out for hours yesterday between shopping, lunch, the hospital and the doctor's surgery. When we got back, this is where we found Ludo - sleeping on top of hubby's shoulder bag.

Had the farriers to the ponies yesterday too. Just so you know, they are thriving.

Update on hubby: We saw the cancer specialist yesterday. Funnily enough, although I know of the poor prognosis, we both left feeling very encouraged. Nothing has changed at all but the people - the consultant and the two nurses - were just so, so terribly nice that we felt they really cared, nothing was too much trouble and there was no hint of any aura of hopelessness. It looks as if they just won't announce 'how long you've got' unless you ask. Hubby hasn't asked so he doesn't know. I haven't told him that I asked on my own because he has given me no sign that he wants to know. He knows he could have asked yesterday but he didn't, so I am keeping 'schtwm'. It is hard because the way he speaks it is clear he thinks he will be here when he won't. But then again, life is full of people who are still here although they have been told they would be gone months or years ago. There is always hope.

I've been thinking of trying to return to normal blogging. Not blogging won't help hubby live longer or feel better, so refraining from blogging is helping no one and achieving nothing. I want and need my friends around me so the best thing for me is to keep contacts. So watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to Ludo and your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and of course we'll all be here to chat whenever you feel down. I'm glad you've had a better experience with the medical team it does make a huge difference.
    Glad to hear the horses are doing OK and Ludo looks good too so life just goes on no matter what doesn't it?
    I've not been blogging much myself.. Inspiration has dried up a bit and we are sort of stuck here marking time till we've dealt with Dad ( 20th Nov hopefully). I've not even really settled to any crafty stuff or done any Christmas present buying. I need to get moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Foody x. I hope and pray that your hubby is around for a very long time, yes you do hear that folk survive a lot longer than they are told. I am thinking of you both. X


    On a lighter note..........yes, I was at the opticians last month! But I read the start of your blog as 'the fairies' had visited the horses! What a comfy looking Ludo, bless. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all, for your comments. Oh I feel so awful because I haven't looked at anyone else's blogs. Helsie you have obviously been having a time of it. I must go there one day. If we don't have appointments we tend to be either doing stuff or going out trying to take as many trips as we can to as many favourite places as we can. Very sorry.

    ReplyDelete