Wednesday, 27 March 2013
Injecting an apple tart
I made this apple tart and it had to be latticed because I hadn't made quite enough pastry for a complete top layer. I hadn't cooked the apple beforehand, I just sliced it very thinly and it cooked with the pastry. But when you do that, the apple shrinks so when the tart came out there were huge empty holes between the apple and the lattice strips. It looked really impoverished. I had the brainwave of making some apple puree and spooning it in the gaps with a grapefruit spoon but even then I couldn't get it down into the holes. Off I went upstairs and got hubby's old oral morphine syringe and it worked a treat, squirting the puree into all the nooks and crannies!
I'd better come clean and add that this was an unused syringe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very resourceful Foody and probably added a lot to the flavour of the pie too.
ReplyDeleteI see you visited the Compound Word puzzle, did you work them all out? I still can't work out the one with the blue fingernails !!!
Happy Easter.
Hi. I think I worked one out, forgotten now what it was, maybe to do with birds, but I couldn't see anywhere how to post my answer! It was very frustrating. I don't remember the blue fingernail one.
ReplyDelete