Friday, 1 March 2013

Hubby




Sorry, no fauna this Friday. Just flora. It's hubby's funeral at 2pm. Dreading it for the emotion of it but can hardly wait to hear all the lovely things that will be said about him and to see the flowers we so carefully chose. We'll go back afterwards on our own to photograph the flowers. 'We' are just his sister, her husband, his brother, auntie and me.

Two floral tributes: one (right) from brother sister and one (left) from me.

We did go back and here they are. It's Saturday and I've been back to update this post.

What a do it was. Beautiful and just as he would have wanted. Many tears were was shed in that church today. There were nearly 400 people there. He was so well thought of and loved.

6 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you today. Hope it all goes well and he has a fine send off. Raise the rafters with your singing, he'll be listening !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helsie. I think we gave him the send-off he would have been proud of. Audible sniffs and sobs throughout. I was afraid I would go into a state of collapse so as I walked in, and then out again at the end, at the front of the little procession, I kept my tearful eyes fixed on the floor in front of me. I hope I remained dignified. I'll put up photos of the flowers when I've put them on computer.
    I thought I wouldn't be able to sing, but I was. Diaphragm muscles kicked in.
    There were about 400 there. It really went well and couldn't be faulted. Fantastic buffet from local sandwich shop and tons left over.
    Made contact with lots of long-lost friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Foody. I have been thinking of you as well. It sounds as if you did your hubby proud. Sending love to you. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ann. It's really good to have support from Blogland pals. I've updated the post again because to have nearly 400 people there is worth a mention. This is a small place so that's a huge number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read this, Foody. I don't keep up with Major's followers as much as I'd like so it came as a big shock to read this and your previous post. You accounts of your hubby have been loving, yet dignified. I hope you are supported by those dear to you in the months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jc: Thank you for visiting and thank you for leaving your nice kind comment. People are being marvellous and I am managing though I am very sad and miss him very much.

    ReplyDelete