Friday, 27 July 2012
Fauna Friday: It's hoof trim and show time again
The farrier came again yesterday with his two apprentices. Quasar is going to a show on Saturday so it was timely. Skylark isn't going because we have decided we have had enough two-hour battles with him both to go there and to come back. (Sorry, Skylark, but you have brought this on yourself!) Did I tell you they once had a class for the best behaved pony and Skylark won the wooden spoon! We still have it, with its ribbon round it.
I gave Quasar a good grooming and a bit of a bath - the bits she would let me anyway. That;s why she look sa bit shiny ad her tail is all limp. She's rather wet. She's as smart now as she'll ever be. Now she is older she doesn't come so high up the prize list. The best I did with her in her younger days was a first in the veterans class and a second in the mares and I was over the moon because we were against people who do shows regularly and are heavily into 'producing' ponies for shows. Of course with Skylark they both used to come first in the best matched pair, but that was just a novelty class. Now she is in her late twenties she sometimes isn't placed at all. She was marked down the last time because she stood on my foot! The judge told me that. Anyway it isn't about winning. I'd love her the same however she looked. It's a nice day out with people who over the years have become friends and their Exmoor ponies and a lovely big picnic. It looks as though the weather will be fine again.
Hope you have good day at your show too, Bernard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thanks Foody, but I have had to cancel taking/playing the organ as I have hurt my right arm around the elbow. :(
ReplyDeleteI may go as a spectator though as I can still drive. I couldn't lift the organ in/out of car and turning the handle is painful. I tried left-handed but it didn't work.
Ooooooh Quasar wishing you best of British with the show.
ReplyDeleteQuasar looks fabulous. She's in great condition and certainly doesn't look her age at all. Hope your day is lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Bernard:Oh, I am so sorry. I hope your poor arm gets better. What did you do to it?
ReplyDeleteAnn: Thanks! We had a couple of prizes, she behaved quite well, it was sunny and the picnic was lovely so all in all a very good day.
Helsie: Thanks! She got lots of lovely comments. If you saw her white forehead, you would see signs of age there. She wasn't born with any white at all. Now her body is flecked with it.
Oh well done Quasar, you are one clever girl.
ReplyDeleteAnn: Aw, thanks! She did get a couple of prizes. There should be a photo this Fauna Friday.
ReplyDelete