Monday, 16 July 2012

Monday Moans: Where has the dashboard button gone?


When I first go to my blog I am at the page where it tells me I have new comments. I publish them, then I go to do my replies to them. The only way I know to reply is to go to View Blog and then go down past the post, past the comments and add my own and publish them. Fine. But how do I get back to where I was before? In the old interface there used to be a button at the top right that said 'Dashboard'. I would click that and Bob was my uncle. But not any more (Well my Uncle Bob has died but that's not what I mean). There is no longer a Dashboard button. So what am I supposed to do? What I have been doing is to pretend I am going to write a new post, clicking on that button, then when I get to the New Post page I just close it, then I'm back where I was at the beginning. But that can't be the right way. What should I be doing? I have sent feedback on this to Google many times but they have done nothing.

And anyway, why call it a button? You can't really have a button that isn't 3D. 'Button' is a stupid description for a thing you click on a computer. 'Label' would be better, although that has its own particular meaning, but you know what I mean.

3 comments:

  1. Funny, as I read your blog page and write a comment, if I scroll up to the top of the page there is "Dashboard" beside "Sign Out"!
    All these changes can be very annoying. I am getting used to it all but I was happy with the old way.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I follow all this Foody.
    You seem to have different pages to me.
    But. What I have done, is when I get the page I like - I click on "Save as favourite". This way I can go to "comments" or "dashboard2 as I choose.
    Just save the address as a short-cut.
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernard: I have got it saved as a favourite but when I go to View Blog there is no button to get back. I have tons of stuff saves as favourites. Not sure if we are quite talking of the same thing.

    Helsie: Well, how odd! There is no such button on mine! Maybe you are on the old interface. (?) Maybe I should just go back to that.

    ReplyDelete