Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Christmas cookery
It's Church fair time again. I ran out of worktop but anyway I had to take the things to another room in case Ludo got to them. Ran out of dining table so used the floor, which our plumbers are using as their work room so the cooling racks are on top of their dust sheet. It sounds unhygienic. Maybe it is, but none of the food touched the floor and anybody no one who bought any would know where it had been!
Mini shortbread star bites, Christmas shape shortbread, cheese jacks, cheesy potato bread, hot and spicy cheese biscuits, non-hot and spicy cheese biscuits.
The red wrapped 'bombs' are Christmas puddings.
Oh, I left out the mincemeat. (£1.50 a lb is OK, isn't it? I had a look round the shops at average prices. This is a unique handmade product)
All in situ, along with Tina's cakes and mince pies.
We made £225.00!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


£225. Fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThough I would never have guessed that there was that value on the tables.
I not very good when it comes to pricing food. I suppose Christmas cakes can be quite expensive - I saw a few quite small (6") cakes in Waitrose yesterday priced at £21.
Well done Foody. :)
Living up to your name! :)
Well done. You've really been cooking up a storm. It is fun to see your Christmas food. We have similar stuff here but it doesn't go so well with hot weather.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to tell you the aircon is fixed - expensive !!!- but it hasn't been hot since !! Not complaining about that though !!
Are your plumbers putting in a downstairs toilet and shower? Hope hubby is a bit better now that all that nasty fluid is gone.
Bernard: The food wasn't worth that much. People were handing over a tenner for goods worth about £5 and saying 'keep the change; it's a good cause'.
ReplyDelete£21.00?????!!!! I could make loadza money then!
Yep, Foody by name, Foody by nature.
Helsie: I'm glad the aircon is fixed.
Nope, not putting in a downstairs loo. That would be a problem of logistics. We'll think about that when the need arises. This is a new sink and tiling upstairs, except there isn't much space for them to work up there.
Ooooooh wonderful things there Foody. And very well done to the amount raised. I decorated candles last week as our youngest granddaughter's nursery had a fair to raise funds for the nursery, and her mummy was helping, all my candles went she said.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. X
Ann: I'm pleased to hear your candles all went. You make such lovely things.
ReplyDelete