Friday, 21 December 2012
Fauna Friday: Reindeer
This is a bit of a cop-out, but it's Christmas, so here's a piccy of some very topical animals. I trawled the internet for an actual photo of Santa with his reindeer but couldn't find one. Why would that be? Does Santa not like having his photo taken? Is he a bit like me, not wanting to say who he is or where he lives? Mind you, we all know where he lives. Somewhere in Lapland. I suppose he just never stays still in the one spot for anyone to get a photo. He is too busy flying all over the world in one night.
Sorry, this is Fauna Friday, not Human Friday, so I'd better find something to say about reindeer. I've heard (herd! Ha ha!) of caribou but I had never realised that they were the same as reindeer. They out perform all other land animals in their energy efficiency so that will be why Santa chose them for the annual task in front of him.
It's 11 pm on Thursday night and I just realised I had nothing for Fauna Friday so I am shamelessly plagiarising the BBC wildlife page. Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've neglected you and feel guilty. I swear I hadn't looked at your blog before I, too, posted about reindeer, Foody, but it's a very nice coincidence - we complement one-another - yes?
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Fauna Friday - am I the only one?
xx
Mrs. S: Yes, I'm sure we do. Fauna Friday is just something I started for my own blog. I thought that having a theme for one day of the week would make it easier to think of a subject to blog about. So far I have managed to keep it up since I started it.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about reindeer. Down here in the underneath part of the world we think our kangaroos make fine animals to pull Santa's sleigh !!
ReplyDeleteHelsie: That would be fun to see. They jump along, don't they?
ReplyDelete