Thursday, 6 December 2012
The jelly is not to be
I have just fund this unpublished post I prepared when things were jollier. I've updated it and am putting it up today because I'm short of material.
I asked you all some time ago about how to get large quantities of jelly to set.Then I asked about popping candy and whether I could make it more frothy by mixing in bicarbonate of soda. I said I would explain it all sometime. Well, you see, our trainee solicitor was due to qualify and I thought we were going to have a barbecue and party for him and that I would give him an initiation ceremony to ensure he would make a good solicitor, but the time came and went and the rain never stopped so that didn't happen and they decided to go for a restaurant meal instead. I couldn't do these things in a restaurant. As it happens the meal still hasn't happened because of my own troubles with hubby, then Christmas approached, then our poor trainee lost his father.
But anyway..... here are some of the ideas I had:
Sit him on a chair (on top of a large plastic sheet if indoors), blindfold him, then give him a huge bowl of jelly, cooked pasta or custard in his lap. Hidden in that substance would be office things such as a bunch of staples, printer cartridge, staple remover, some paper clips, pens, plastic spiders etc and see how many he can find and identify. (One of his regular trainee tasks has been to to take spiders away) I couldn't find a google image of jelly with things embedded in it.
Do a 'guess the food' game. Still blindfolded, he would have to guess odd combinations like sardines with chocolate, or a piece of jam doughnut filled with Danish Blue, for example. Some popping candy but really, really frothy. I would check his allergies first.
Then there would be multiple choice questions about sensible ways to park a car in the office car park, leaving optimum space for other users (the ladies are particularly awful at this (except me!), client care, swearing, discretion and other things, all based on everybody's little faults.
Then I would find someone to do the spoons game with him. Actually that could be played in a restaurant. I don't know how to do that without him suspecting it's me doing the whacking. Maybe just get someone else to dot he whacking, but I really would like to do it myself.
So that's what it was all about. A friend said we should just strip him, cover him in treacle and fathers and tie him to a lamppost!
Oh well, it'll have to be a much more sedate affair, when it does happen..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


All sound a bit 'unkind' to me.
ReplyDeleteI have read that students, after celebrating their finals, have been found naked - cling-filmed to lamp-posts!
I'm sure this must be a 'public order' offence?
I've just been discussing with a blog-pal, Dickiebo (retired copper), how it's very difficult these days, not to break the law every time you venture out of the house!
Oh dear what torture. Poor fellow !!!
ReplyDeleteBernard: It probably is an offence. Being naked in a public place would be.
ReplyDeleteHelsie: I think he would have loved the attention. I don't mean the tying to a lamppost bit, but the fun and games I had in mind. I'd have picked the girl he fancies, the one with the big bust, to play the spoons game with him. That would have distracted him from what was really going on. (I may explain it sometime.)