Saturday, 19 January 2013
I can't resist. Snow drifts indoors
I can't resist a good snow pic. When I went in to get the ponies' feed ready this morning, I wasn't prepared for an indoor snowdrift. One thing I like about this design of shed, with its gaps between floor and wall and floor and roof, is that it is always airy and never gets mildewy. But I never thought I would walk in to a covering of snow. I had to sweep it all off the important, vulnerable things like leather saddle, bridle and hay and then cover those things with polythene sheets.
Sorry about the mess - old vacuum cleaner, bathroom sink, boxes, old paperwork, paint tins, sacks of hay sweepings. This shed is where I keep things that are waiting to be burned or taken to the dump. ( I say 'I' because nowadays it's me who does all these things)
I'll hope the firewood will just dry in the air. Don't want to sweat it.
Then outside and into the fray. Tying haynets up was so painful cos you just can't do it with gloves.
Apart from that, I just love all this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was just thinking, as I sit keeping warm, it's time I emailed Foody with some news, but then I thought - I haven't got any news! All cold and quiet in this neck of the woods. The web, however, is a buzz with jokes about Tesco, and horses and the latest stunt was here - Ho,ho,ho!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/9812945/Panto-horse-burger-meat-prank-sees-pair-thrown-out-of-Tesco.html
He,he.he! I trust you don't mind jokes about Tesco?
All this brings a new meaning to -
"Gosh! I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!" type comment.
I then came across this horses response to Tesco - (LOL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4F0hWcDBhpY
I know I'm rude - but it made me laugh! I bet Helen likes this clip?
Talking of wind - you certainly seem to get a fair bit over there in Foodyland (are the windmills generating enough power to keep you all warm?)
Must go and sweep the snow from the cat-flap, Wes is waking around with his legs crossed!!!!!
Cheers...B
PS - Hot of the press -
“Officials believe the horse meat in ‘beef’-burgers sold by British supermarkets came from contaminated ‘filler’ imported from Holland.”
Just goes to show, we cannot trust our European ‘neigh‘bours. :)
Bernard: I don't object to jokes about Tesco. I have no allegiance to any supermarket. Rarely set foot in a Tesco.they're not big in these parts. I shall have to go these sites and see the jokes. I like the sound of a panto horse.
ReplyDeleteYes, it has been very windy, but has calmed down now.